Thursday, September 27, 2007

The evils of corprate giants

Recently, a new ad campaign has started up for a certain multi national fast food company which has a catchy little tune , singing about the virtues of bacon. I think that the person who is a songwriter for the Wiggles wrote it, because my 2 year old LOVES it and has taken to singing it at 4am, interspersed with snatches of "twinkle, twinkle little star" and renditions of some kind of made up song. As much as I love my kids, I am having trouble remaining a calm, patient mummy when standing in his doorway at 5am politely asking him to shut up. It is also leading to very ugly scenes at my workplace by 10am, when the strongest coffee in the world is not help and I need to making rational decisions (not my strongest point when I've had 10 hours sleep) about serious work issues. Have also discovered that a keyboard really hurts your face when you fall asleep at your desk.

No comments: