Thursday, October 2, 2008

People listening

Now, I love people watching as much as anyone, but I am also happy to own up to the habit of people listening. This is awesome and if you haven't really tried, give it a go. Here ia a cracking example I heard just today when I was out with mum at the local shopping centre.

We were making our way through the David Jones cosmetics and perfume section (also known as "olfactory hell" according to my husband) when we overheard this gem from a sales assistant : "Now, I know it seems very bright and often people find this shade off putting at first...". I have to admit to literally laughing out loud and checking with mum to make sure I had not misheard. No, it was 100% correct and we spent the next 5 minutes wondering what on earth the stuff the girl was trying on, what it looked like and where the sales assistant had done her training. I feel it was probably at the school of "Yes, your arse does look big in that dress but it takes the attention off your face".

So, if I can have this much fun in just my lunchtime, give people listening a go. Great fun and the more you take it out of context, the funnier it gets.

No comments: