Sunday, April 13, 2008

Angry beavers

I have had a top week - just as I was languishing around the house with a monster cold that had my voice sounding a lot like Kim Carnes is my hero, some junk mail came in through the letterbox that made my day and had me laughing so much it sounded like a goose had been drinking the sherry all night. The first one was a catalogue from Kmart, pronouncing that at Kmart, it's more fun in your undies. Makes me wonder if the discount store is branching out in the lines it is carrying so when you walk in through the door, you immediately have more fun in your undies. Not too many places promise you that these days - I await my next visit to the mall with great anticipation!!! The next flyer should not be so unexpected, as the school holidays are coming up, but tell me honestly, what first pops into your mind when you read something that announces in 26 point print that the ANGRY BEAVERS are coming to do a LIVE SHOW at a shopping centre near you these holidays? Yep, that's what I thought to. Times sure have changed since I used to be taken to "daisy the happy cow" (or if we really hit the jackpot, Humphrey B Bear) shows by my mum when I was at school. Not too sure how they are planning to stage the angry beavers, but I can't wait to find out. Happy holidays everyone!

No comments: