Thursday, October 11, 2007

Some changes

You may have noticed the slight changes I've made to the colour on my blog. Very subtle and I am sure that some of you didn't even pick it up. October is breast cancer awareness month and as you know, it is a subject I feel pretty strongly about. So, for this month, it is going to be pink-o-rama on my blog and I know that you all are just waiting for a reason to get out your feather boas and sparkly pink hats. Or is that just me? Maybe it's just me. As you can see below, it's a bit of a thing in my family - my sister and mum are boa people, I just love Annie Oakley

Last Saturday we held a "Girls night in" which is a party/fundraiser for women's cancer. We raised over $1200 and had a great night. A big, big thankyou needs to go to:
1) Wayne, my resident chef and (in his own words) kitchen bitch. He cooked up a storm and as a result, instead of the usual twisties and party pies, the girl's were treated to gourmet food (he's the one in the black).

2) Fruitylicious (I am not making the name up), the local fruit shop and deli up at Gungahlin. They donated a fantastic fruit platter for the night and it not only looked incredible, it tasted great too.
3) My wonderful husband Tim, who worked as food heater upper, waiter and came up with the notion that a hot pink sash looks great over an orange shirt. Thanks also to Tim Blair and my dad, who acted as drinks waiters, food servers and empty bottle cleaner uppers (our recycling bin is chockers).

4) Everyone who turned up, donated money and had a great time.

I think I can safely say, for October, think of pink as the new black!

No comments: